You’re a recruiter, not a sales person.
You genuinely care about the people you represent and want to send them to great employers. You’d do anything you could to help that engineer succeed in their interview. When they bomb, you give them coaching; when they win, you celebrate with them. You get to know them as people.
You should work for a company that values quality and encourages creativity.
We’re Clutch Talent, a boutique agency placing NYC’s top engineers into some of the most exciting roles at innovative startups and well-known, top tech companies.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- You’ll recruit software engineers for some of the most exciting companies in NYC. You’ll also help field incoming applicants.
- You’ll represent the company at tech events and regularly interact with engineers in the local community.
- You may not be incredibly technical now, but you will become knowledgeable on technology through our internal technical trainings.
- You will have goals and quotas that focus on long-term success, not just short term so that you can build lasting relationships with the engineers you represent, helping them with their career paths far in advance of the date they start interviewing.
- You’ll be based out of our Chelsea coworking office space, but you’ll likely spend afternoons out, grabbing coffees and lunches with engineers. (Meals & entertainment on us!)
- You’re located in NYC and have a great network in the tech community here.
- You have technical recruitment experience. We’re open to both early career recruiters (6+ months of technical recruitment experience) and senior technical recruiters (3-10+ years).
- You’re incredibly organized, creative and smart.
- You do well in a work environment that allows personal freedom. You hold yourself to your own standards of quality and hard work and don’t need close management.
NICE TO HAVES:
- You enjoy reading and/or writing about the tech industry.
- You’re involved with the tech community in some way (hosting/volunteering at events, mentoring, working on projects, etc.).
- You actively post about tech/engineering or engage with technologists on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging, Github, Facebook, etc.).
- You’re familiar with one or more ATS or CRM systems, or Chrome productivity extensions.
Drop us an email at email@example.com and let us know why you want to work with us (not why we should hire you). Include your resume if it’s updated (not required), and a link to your LinkedIn profile and twitter handle. Also, let us know what your last 12-months compensation was, and what you’d like to make.
If you follow the application instructions, we promise to get back to you.